Ideal for schools & districts wanting to learn…
- how to master civicmirror.com’s major features,
- how to take advantage of the rich classroom experiences it provides,
- how to re-think ‘coverage’ and approach teaching from a student-centered point-of-view
- how to plan your first unit or course outline with the Civic Mirror
- how to implement best practices.
On-Site Training Options:
Half or full-day training sessions designed to teach educators how to use the program at the most basic level. This workshop is great for schools/districts that want CM up and running but are tight on time. Book here.
2-3 day training sessions that show educators how to use the program (1-day) and create entire unit plans that utilize the program to meet curricular outcomes with maximum student engagement (1-2 days) Book here.
To inquire about training details and available dates, use the contact form.
To book training or view rates, use the order form.
Thank you so much for running the Civic Mirror Summer Institute the last two days. It was so helpful because it really let me experience the game before introducing it to my students. I was able to go through the challenges and frustrations that come with learning a new program and will be better able to anticipate my students’ needs as they learn it. Also, I had the opportunity to live through the excitement and engagement that are a part of playing Civic Mirror, and while doing so I was consistently thinking of ways to apply the program in my own classroom.
Being able to actually play the game and hear about your experiences and other teachers’ experiences using it in their classrooms was so valuable. I feel much more confident about using it with my students this year.
– Carly Althuaser, Teacher at College Place Middle School, Lynnwood, WA